Thursday, November 5, 2015

Day 2 Mom

Today the person I'd like to highlight that I'm grateful for is my mom. Mothers are the epitome of charity and selflessness. We put our mothers through a lot, from conception to forever. They are sick while they're pregnant, uncomfortable and tired. Then they go through labor which sounds terrible. Then the sleepless nights of caring for a tiny person. Then into toddler craziness, school projects, programs and drama. Continuing into more expensive projects, programs and drama. These years here, from about 12-18, had to be the worst ones for my mom as far as dealing with me. I was a nightmare. So rude, I knew everything and I was 100% sure my mother knew nothing. She didn't understand anything and was just trying to make life more difficult. I'm surprised she didn't make me sleep in a tent in the backyard. Then we're off to college and mom is left at home worrying if we are eating okay, getting enough sleep and making good friends. And mom is always there. When I have a question about how to boil eggs or get ketchup out of a shirt, mom is who I call. She listens to me complain about whatever it is I have to complain about. She thinks she's so funny sometimes, and usually in those moments, she really is. *poof you're an egg* She supports me in all things. She comes to my marathon in a painters mask because she has bronchitis and no voice and has to be there by herself for hours while dad is out tracking me along the route. And she whistles for me and I know I'm so close and then she just hugs me while I cry it out that I'm finally finished and then she braves driving in Utah, which she hates, so that I don't have to drive my own car home. My mom is a rockstar and I wish that I had recognized that as a kid. But I recognize it now. Thanks mom, for your life of sacrifice. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment