Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Day 14 Aubrey

Aubrey

You hear stories of college roommates that become best friends for life. I definitely had dreams of finding a kindred spirit in college and while I had some great roommates I didn't have any that fit the bill for the bosom friend I had been dreaming of. Lucky for me I had media services. Probably one of my favorite jobs I've ever had. I worked with good people there, made some great memories, and I made new friends. Most of them are like the majority of my friends, good people, who I like to read about on Facebook, but who I'm not likely to get together with when we're in the same town, probably won't send them a birthday card and really they're mostly just acquaintances now. But then there is Aubrey. For whatever reason, our friendship stuck. She was the kindred spirit I was hoping for as I embarked on the college adventure.

We've been on trips together, lived in Alaska together, made music videos together. We go to activities together, we chat about life and I just think she's the greatest. Aubrey is one of the funnest people I know. She loves to try new things and go new places. She is so outgoing and I often wish that I had even half the flirting skills that she has. We have laughed together and cried together and I'm so grateful she has stuck with me the last 12 years. College was good to me, if for no other reason than the fact that I got Aubrey as a friend.





No comments:

Post a Comment