Sunday, November 15, 2015

Day 12 Mission

Mission People (specifically fellow missionaries)

This is much broader than the rest. I had the opportunity to have dinner with an elder from my mission and his wife and their little baby. It was so great to catch up with them and just enjoy time together. For me it wasn't awkward at all, even though I haven't seen this elder in such a long time. Another elder sent me a text the other day, just saying hi and asking how I was doing.

I learned so much from the other missionaries I got to interact with. From mission companions, to district and zone leaders, to the mission president and his wife, I was blessed to meet truly inspiring people who love God. I have so many fond memories and great friendships from my 18 months in Spain. Friendships that are based on something so tender and yet so difficult, that even though I don't see them much, are still strong because of the foundation they are built on. Service to Jesus Christ and his church is a bond that's hard to break, even with time and distance.









No comments:

Post a Comment