Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February follow-up

In case you missed it, this month was my birthday. My friend Katie decided she wanted to put me on her own version of the dating game.
I didn't really like that idea too much. HOW EMBARRASSING!
So she compromised and just gave me 3 dates. She planned and paid for them and my friend Aubrey found the guys to go on these dates. Since I was getting 3 dates with no effort on my part, I decided to switch February and March as far as challenges go. We'll be cooking in March and I did the dating in February.
Week 1. The play date with Ryan.
There was a plastic baggy with slips of paper containing different activities, you drew one out, did it, then picked another. We modified this, pulled out all the slips and decided what we wanted to do. We ended up going to the Bean Museum on BYU campus (for all you non-BYU people, it is not a museum of beans like I thought, it's a wildlife museum named after some dude named Bean). We then got ice cream at the creamery and finished up the afternoon with a modified version of a game out of the bag. It was fun.

Week 2. Pick a letter with Ben.
We picked letters out of a bag and then had to think of a restaurant, dessert, or activity that had that letter. We ended up going to dinner at Los Hermanos and then we were going to get cake, but never actually did. While we waited to get in for dinner we walked around Provo and played the modified game from week 1. After dinner we played some more games and had a lovely time.

Week 3. Progressive dinner with David ???
Pull a different restaurant out of a bag for an appetizer, dinner, and dessert. Sadly this one didn't happen. 3 days before the date, he cancelled. Why did he cancel, because he got a girlfriend. How do I know this? Because I figured out who it was going to be and we're facebook friends. Facebook tells all. (at least in this case). I saw him recently and he asked me how my last date went. I told him it didn't happen. You could just catch a smirk on his face (but only if you had been watching for it. Maybe it was my imagination) He doesn't know that I know it was suppose to be him. It's been having an internal battle for me to not say something like, "yeah, he bailed on me because he got a girlfriend". Just so he knows, that I know. I suppose since I haven't actually done that I get some points. Too bad I'm not on a little higher plain to not even think it. Oh well.
So instead of going on said date, I went shopping with Pam. I don't especially like shopping, but we had a good time. For my week 3 I'm going to count my trip to Zion with Wes and Aaron. We were in the car together for A LONG TIME!! Longer than any normal date should be. We played the game from the previous 2 dates and I had a great time. Call me a cheater if you want, but I'm totally counting it.
Date 4. Miniature golf with Ryan.
That's right, Katie's plot seems to have worked since Ryan (week 1) asked me out for a second date. We went a played black light miniature golf. It was really fun and I won! He might argue that point, but I was the only one who got a hole in one on one of the hardest holes of the course. He said that himself. I took my camera but I forgot to take a picture. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment