Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Presidents Day Weekend

A week before President's Day I had no plans. Pretty boring. I wasn't even planning on getting a day off from work. Tuesday at a Valentine's party my friend Wes invited me to go down to Zion National Park with him and join up with a whole bunch of people from his ward. Since I had no plans and I had never been to Zion I decided to go. I told my boss I wouldn't be in Monday and committed to going.
Thursday I found out my friend Denae was going to be down for the weekend so Friday night I went down to Payson and hung out with her for a few hours. We had a good time playing games. Denae and her brother Garet were one team and her husband David and I were the other team. David and I won! But only because David is SOOOO ridiculous. It was really fun.
Saturday morning I drove to Park City with my friend Pam and her mother and brother. We had a good time walking around shopping the sales. My favorite store was definitely Harry & David. YUMMY!! I'm not much of a shopper, but it was fun to get out of Provo and spend time with Pam.
Sunday was church and then heading down to Zion. We left after church and we had a great time! My friend Aaron came with us as well. I grew up with Aaron and Wes and Aaron were roommates last summer. Worked out so nicely. We had a nice drive down getting to know each other better. Aaron was cracking me up! I'm not sure if he's really as funny as I thought or if I was just really tired. Maybe a combination of him being funny and me being tired. The drive was long. We stayed on a houseboat on Lake Powell. It was a really cold out, but we had a fun time.

We had a dance party while making breakfast Monday morning.
Monday we went out to see the sites around Page and then headed back to Zion.

Jennica. I love her. There's nothing more to say, except that she's just so great.

Aaron, Me, Wes
I loved Zion. It was so beautiful. I'm more of a pine tree, mountain lakes kind of person, but this had it's own beauty and it was just so fun to be out and seeing new things. Aaron loves Zion and was a very good tour guide, giving us all kinds of information.
The view was amazing. I really wanted to fly over it, like on a hang glider or something. It would have been even more awesome.

So guys, what did you learn on your trip to Zion?

How to split apples in half with out bare hands. That's right. Monday morning at breakfast, Stuart, on the far right, split an apple in half with his bare hands. Of course we were all impressed and a few tried it without much success. At lunch he did it again and we all stood around watching him step by step. As you can see we had a lot more success. I did it again last night. Just because I can.

1 comment: