Sunday, February 12, 2012

Home Teachers

Today was one of those days. You think everything is fine and then BAM! It hits you (don't ask me what "it" is, I'm still unsure). But when it hits you, say goodbye to any make-up you put on this morning and any hopes of containing the waterworks that won't stop coming. It's awful. You're not really sure what's wrong, nothing really happened, but no matter how hard you try, you are not going to win this one.
There I am, minding my own business sitting in Sunday School, pondering on life and the testimonies I had just heard in Sacrament meeting when the tears start. I tried to stop it, but I was caught! Once someone catches you and asks if you're okay, there's not much of a chance to stop them.
I managed to get them somewhat under control, but Relief Society brought on an entirely new flood. Lucky for me my friend Catie had a package of tissues with her or it would have been even uglier than it was. I somehow made it through, only to completely break down when a girl (Sarah) in my ward came and gave me a hug. That was followed by more hugs and then a very quick exit. Once in my car I headed home to put some of that makeup I lost back on.
I made it through visiting teaching without any problems, surprisingly. Then I went to deliver Valentines to the girl in my district for compassionate service. Made it through that okay, UNTIL I got to Sarah's house. MELT DOWN. By this time I knew I needed to ask for a blessing, but for some reason it's SO difficult to ask for one. I told Sarah and told her to hold me accountable, I had it all worked out, I'd ask at the ward Break the Fast. After crying it out at Sarah's we headed to Break the Fast. The very first thing I did was walk up to Kory and ask for a blessing after Break the Fast. When he said okay, I said thanks and quickly walked away, trying desperately to hold my composure. The food was good and I even managed to socialize a bit, not that's it's too difficult since everyone in my ward is so great.
After everything was cleaned up I sat on the stage and waited for Kory and Josh to finish with their socializing and then we headed for a classroom. Sadly my composure only made it that far. I could barely get out what the problem was and give them my full name. Kory gave me a beautiful blessing and I felt so much better. Luckily there was a box of tissues in the classroom because I definitely needed them.
Afterward they each gave me a hug and poor Josh had to deal with me sobbing into his shirt as I lost it yet again.
I can't even express how grateful I am that they were both willing and able to give me a blessing on the spot. I've had home teachers before, but I just don't know that I had that much trust in them to ask them for something like this.
Thank you Kory and Josh for being there for me and for being worthy Priesthood holders. You're the best.
Love, Cathy
(p.s. don't worry about me people, everything is under control and contrary to what this looks like, I'm really okay. Sometimes I'm just emotional. Today was one of those times.)

2 comments:

  1. First time to your blog. I knew it would be good, because we always like the same quotes on pinterest. :) It didn't disappoint. I TOTALLY understand this day. I had it myself a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to go ahead and follow your blog. My is private, but if you want an invite, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those times I wish we didn't live so far apart! :) (((((((HUGS))))))) I'm sorry you had a rough day, but how awesome is that experience to get a priesthood blessing right when you needed it? I'm glad you have good home teachers. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete