Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Can't be good

The other day at my birthday party, my friend David asked me if I was baby hungry. This was not completely out of the blue since he was holding my friend Katie's baby and my age is not a secret. I responded that I was not. I had babysat Katie's other two children enough to not have that problem. (At least not to a degree where I'll admit it). I guess I find I should go in order. You should get married before you have a baby. I know I've written about this before, but let's be honest, I'm guessing most unmarried LDS (and others) women around my age think about marriage more than we'd like to admit. There are a multitude of reasons. I'm sick of dating, being lonely and I want to start a family before I get to an age where I'll be mistaken for the kids grandparent instead of the parent. Those are my top reasons. Then you give me facebook where everyone posts pictures of their beautiful families, their engagement pictures, and all around "perfect lives". I am not naive enough to believe they have perfect lives, I have after all babysat Katie's kids, read your blogs, and had people tell my mom, they thought my family looked perfect (hello? really?) Add to facebook,

It doesn't really help my situation very much. Basically, I should completely skip out on social media, get married, or just get over it. I dont' really see any of those things happening any time soon. Oh dear. I suppose I'll just keep plugging along, working on bettering myself, and living the gospel. God knows what he's doing.
I'm not really feeling sorry for myself (not too much anyway) this has just been on my mind lately.
Dear Doughnut,
I'm trying to be patient, but I'm failing. Please hurry.
Love, Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment