Friday, February 3, 2012

27

That's right. It's my birthday. 27. I tend to freak out right before my birthday. I'm not sure why, the day comes and I'm fine, no big deal, but the month or so before I'm not so okay. Getting older. Oh well.

I've been especially emotional this week. I'm going to blame hormones (always a legit excuse). Last night I was talking to my roommate about how I cry or almost cry over the dumbest things. She made me feel better when she told me she does the same thing. Maybe I'm normal after all. I decided to go to bed early last night so I could get up early and go to the temple. It worked. I woke up on my own at 6 a.m. When I walked into the bathroom I discovered this



(in case you can't read it, it says U-no, you just need to Take 5 and RELAX and enjoy your Whatchamacalit? Oh yeah, your Birthday!!! Though we may be Nerds your Big Hunk may come your way and be ready to give you lots of Sugar Babies :) and here's your 1st hunk of your 27th year birthday card with servant man fanning woman and bringing her chocolate. )
I, being the emotional wreck I am, burst into tears. I'm so silly, but I'm so grateful for the wonderful friends God has placed in my life. Despite the tears it was a great way to start the day, closely followed by the temple which was wonderful as it always is and their breakfast always makes my day. I'm sure I'll have more to say by the end of the day and weekend. But for now, thanks to all my wonderful friends. You truly make me glad I've made it 27 years and I couldn't have done it without you.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. It's OK. I cry too. haha. Happy Birthday, Cathy :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 27th birthday Cathy dear! Happy days will come to you all year! I hope the day has been magical! I love you!

    ReplyDelete