Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January results

Can I just say I'm really glad January is over? This whole no spending thing is the pits. I need some real food. Tortillas just aren't going to cut it anymore. My cute visiting teacher felt so bad for me she sent me home with oranges and fruit leather just so I wouldn't have to live on tortillas alone. (I'm not really living on only tortillas, but from the looks of my fridge you wouldn't know that).
So the results for January's challenge. I'm going to give myself a B+. I had 5 cheats I guess you could call them. The first one was when chicken was on sale. Those marque board things outside the grocery store work. I wouldn't have even known chicken was on sale. Dang you advertising!
Second, I'm a mentor for 4-h and I went rollerskating one week with my girl Clara. It was only $3, but still . . . whatever, I didn't fall and we had fun.
Third, I went out to eat with a friend. She has been in Florida for the last 8 months and is leaving for Guatemala like yesterday or today or something. I wasn't going to tell her that I'd just have to pass when I hadn't seen her in FOREVER. Relationships are way more important.
Fourth, I had to put gas in my car. I'm not a fan of walking everywhere. Especially when my ward activities are 4 miles away (one way) and at night.
Fifth, probably the lamest one, I bought the new Star Trek on amazon for a total of 5.78 (includes shipping). 2 disc set! I know, so lame. Whatever, I'm gonna watch me some Chris Pine and love every minute.
Not a complete success but not a complete fail either. Grocery store, I'll be seeing you tomorrow. February, I'm ready for you. Let's try some new food!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Cathy!! :) I would have done the same thing- Chris Pine is hot! ;)

    ReplyDelete