Sunday, July 3, 2011

What a week.

Sunday again. Since last week I have, moved, been booted, ran 13 miles, been to two parties, hiked, sat in the hot springs, sewed a skirt, made burp clothes, gone swimming, watched fireworks and not gotten near enough sleep.
Monday was probably my calmest day. I finished packing up my room to move from the Crowe's and did some homework. Pretty dull. Tuesday I was moving my stuff to my new apartment. I got here and the two parking spots right by our back door were taken by my two roommates, so I parked right behind them to save myself making, 12 trips to and from my car in the 85 degree heat. BAD PLAN. The University Parking Nazi's were out. I was gone from my car for 3 MINUTES. I come outside and there is a boot on my car. For those who don't know what that means, no there was not an actual shoe on my car. It looks similar to this.

He had barely put it on. Being the nice man he is he called the Tow Truck to tell him not to come since I had come out. But being the JERK FACE that he is he still made me pay the $50 to take the boot off. "If I hadn't already put it on I wouldn't charge you, but once it's on, I can't take it off til you pay". Can't take it off my eye! It's not connected to the credit card machine. There is no lock that only takes cash! You're just a mean man who wants my money. I showed him all the stuff in my car I was unpacking. No go. He told me to turn on my hazard lights and he'd leave me alone a few minutes to unpack my car. What a gentleman. Pay me $50 and I'll leave you alone for a few minutes. Well apparently I was an $85 speeding ticket isn't as upsetting to me as a $50 boot, because even though I tried really hard not to, I started to cry. I made it through paying the dumb man, but then I started to cry. Really hard. Like a little child, that cries so hard they get those kind of hiccup things. It was awful. And no matter how much I told myself it wasn't a big deal and that I was fine, I continued crying. I'm pretty sure I cried for like 3 hours. I decided to postpone my homework until the following day and went over to Katie's house instead. She listened to me tell my poor sad story and then just chatted with me. I finally stopped crying and went home feeling better. The next day I finished moving all of my stuff. I parked in the EXACT same spot, but made sure to not ever leave my car.
So Wednesday night was homework night, trying to get everything all done so I could just play this weekend. Thursday I was doing more homework and was going to go to a baby shower, but neither of those worked out so I went with my friend Aubrey out to Spanish Fork to go to some hot springs. They didn't inform me that it was a good 3 mile hike. I wore flip-flops. Not the best hiking shoe, but whatever I made it. We sat in the little pools for an hour or so, watched the stars come out, and then headed back down the trail. It was a fun night, except that I was very stinky. Luckily the sulfur smell came off with only one shower.
Friday I went to work, but John sent me home to start my holiday weekend early at 1. So I went and picked up our packets for the Freedom Run, went to the temple and then went with Aubrey to Spanish Fork Reservoir. It was so cold! Especially compared to the hot springs from the night before. After swimming we came back to get ready for the party Aubrey was having that night. We went to a free concert on the roof of a parking garage in Provo. It was really fun. Then we walked around the street fair and then headed back for some pizza. It was such a great night.

Saturday morning I got up early to go run. OH right, I ran Monday (awful run), and Thursday morning. Saturday morning I ran 6.4 miles. I was scoping out the route for the Freedom Run. I think I'll survive. After my run, I started sewing. My friend Camille asked me to finish a jean skirt she was making for her daughter. It turned out so cute. After that I made a potato salad. The first of my life. I think it turned out okay. Then I was off to a barbeque Aubrey's friend was having. It was so fun, lots of people and food. We had people convinced that the the beef Teriyaki kabobs were really rattlesnake. A rattle snake we killed on our hike to the hot springs. It was hilarious. We really did see a dead rattlesnake on the trail. :/ After the barbeque we were feeling quite lazy and watched the rest of Tangled and just lazed around. Then we headed over to watch the fireworks. We ended up in a little neighborhood and had a great view but the traffic getting out was ridiculous and we chose to park and walk down to the creamery for some ice cream and then walked back to get the car after the traffic and thinned out. It was a great night and hopefully the rest of this holiday weekend is just as fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. Busy busy woman! I would have cried about the boot too! What a greedy man. I am so impressed with your running, sewing and other skills. You have so many talents Cathy! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete