Monday, July 18, 2011

20 pounds of brown sugar

Sometimes I just can’t seem to say what I want. There are a multitude of reasons, but I think the most is fear of being embarrassed. Maybe I’ll offend someone. Maybe it will take the things where I don’t want them to go. Maybe I’ll just feel so dumb that I’ll want to crawl in a hole and never show my face ever again. I suppose that goes under embarrassment.
It’s really an awful thing. I dance around what I really want to say and sometimes I end up with something I never wanted in the first place. One of these days I’ll learn to just say what I want right off the bat and just take the consequences. Life is too complicated. Or maybe it’s not and I just make it that way. One of these days I’ll learn. But for now, some books will just be left on the shelf.

1 comment:

  1. I like the title you finally chose. :) You'll find a perfect doughnut someday. I just know it. You gave one to me and it is delicious.

    ReplyDelete