Sunday, June 26, 2011

Parachute

So living in Provo, there are quite a few things to do. I'm close enough to Salt Lake that a drive up there for something isn't a ridiculous idea (although depending on the time it can be less than desirable). This last week there was a free concert up in Salt Lake. It was put on by Fight The New Drug. I saw that a few of my facebook friends were going and I really wanted to go, even though I really had NO CLUE who this group Parachute was. At any rate I put it on facebook asking if anyone wanted to go with me so I didn't have to go alone. Lucky me Casey and Becky said they did! Woohoo!I decided that I should probably figure out who this band was and if I even liked their music so I listened to them on youtube all week.
My favorite song is called She. The song I actually recognized from the radio is called She is Love.
You can click on those to listen to the songs on youtube.
So now that I know I actually like these people, Thursday night we met up and headed to Salt Lake. Parking wasn't the funnest thing to try. We didn't want to pay $5 for every hour we were parked which is what some of the rates were. In the middle of our search for parking, Becky and Casey decided they were so we pulled into the Carl's Jr. drive through. There was a cop standing in the parking lot, patrolling it to make sure no one parked there who wasn't suppose to, so I decided to go and ask him where he would recommend for us to park. He listed a couple places and then said, "I can't do this for everyone, but you could park at that spot back by that wall is this lot". SCORE!! It was right across the street from the concert and FREE!
We loved the first band Allred, but didn't love the next two guys very much. The actual Parachute portion was AWESOME!! I really like their music and have plans to buy their CD as soon as I make it to the store. Call my old fashioned, but I still like the good old CD. I do have my brother put it on my iPod, but I still like to have the actual CD.

Thanks Becky for posting this picture so that I could use it.
Friday night I hung out with my friends Rochelle and Brynn who I know from the ward when I lived in Orem. Rochelle and I went to Payson to a Fajita (as in the food) Party my friend Aubree (who I met on my cruise) was putting on. I'm glad that we went since the food was delicious, the game was fun, and I learned that Aubree is a quilter! After the Fajita party we went back to Rochelle's and Brynn came over and we all just hung out. It was so fun. I really need to do more stuff with those girls. What a fun weekend. To finish things off. Saturday I started packing up my stuff and moving it to my new place. :( The Crowe's come home this next Thursday and therefore I have to be out. I'm moving about a mile down the road and it's only until August, so then I'll have to move again, but I went to the new ward today and everyone was really friendly so I think it'll be good even if it's only for a month and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment