Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pioneers!

This post actually has nothing to do with Pioneers other than the fact that it all happened Pioneer Day weekend.
Friday night I was going to go to Lagoon with my cousin but we decided it wasn't worth the drive to only get to go on rides for a couple hours. Lucky for me. Instead I went to a pool party my friend invited me to. Her dentist was putting it on and she didn't want to go alone, so she invited me. There was free food and of course free swimming and they also had a raffle. Laura and I put our names in and then went about playing for the night. We stood around freezing while they pulled names for raffle winners. They were on the second to last prize when whose name should they call but CATHY! Woohoo! $300 gift card to a resort in Midway Utah. Take a look here.
Saturday morning I got up and went running and then slept for a couple hours. Then I headed out to run some errands. I met up with Aubrey and we went and had dinner with her friend in Sandy. After food we were off to Alpine Utah to experience the natural water slide. The water was FREEZING. Obviously it was coming from pretty close to the source. We watched some people go down and it looked like it could hurt. It looked like they were bouncing down the rocks. We finally got up the courage to go down. Sarah was at the bottom ready to take a picture. We got to the bottom, completely shocked from the dunk in the ice pool only to discover that she didn't get the picture. Back to the top we went. Down the frigid waters, only to find yet again. No picture. Aubrey was done at this point but I really wanted a picture, even if I was already bruised and frozen, so I headed back up with Aubrey on camera duty this time. Sadly she missed too, and I landed on a dog. That's right, there was a dog. I decided it would just be easier to go stand at the bottom of the falls and pretend I was going down. It was fun, but I was pretty beat up and cold by the end.



Sunday was pretty normal. Pioneer talks in church, a short nap, and a potluck dinner.
Monday I got up and headed to Spanish Fork with Aubrey to watch the parade. After the parade we ate lunch with her sister Kristine and her kids. They are so cute. Jayden couldn't remember my name to save his life but always wanted Aubrey's friend to help, or he wanted to share with Aubrey's friend. It was so fun. After lunch we went to Spanish Fork Reservoir. I put on sunscreen, but my back didn't seem to care as I now have a very crispy back, but nowhere else is burnt. We were going to watch the fireworks, but it started to rain so we stayed home and watched a movie instead. All in all it was a great weekend and I can hardly wait for SKYDIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment