Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sage advice from my dad

So when you have a big decision to make in life what do you do? You call your parents and hope they'll tell you what to do, or at least what you want to hear. Sadly that usually isn't quite what happens. I called my dad this morning to get his opinion on my job situation and this is what he told me. "Life sucks. It never works how you planned it. Doesn't mean you can't still do the things you plan,  you just have to go about it in a different way." He did not tell me anything I didn't already know, but it was good to get a reminder. Even if it did make me cry. Let's be honest though, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't really matter what he said, I would have cried. Between a new job, my sister going to the MTC yesterday, my best friend moving to Florida next week and just being a crier in general, I didn't really have a prayer of holding it together. At least I don't have to move.
My mom also made the point that I can always quit the job and move home next year and go on my trip and at least this way I'll have a full time job so I can actually pay for the trip. It'll all work out.
Next step, ask home teacher for a blessing. I'm gonna need a lot of help.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry friend. :( Definitely get the blessing. I know it will help.

    ReplyDelete