Monday, August 20, 2012

Girl's weekend

First off, I fail. I didn't take a single picture this weekend. I think Pam got 2 and Dana got 1. Complete fail on my part.

This weekend was full of weddings. Thursday I went with Pam to Springville for the reception of a sister from our mission. They had some delicious crepes, Elise looked beautiful and we even made some new friends and I got the name of "Safe Master".
Friday after work I went and picked Pam up and we headed to Farmington for the reception of an elder from our mission. This one was a bit more tricky since I wasn't going to be coming back to Provo so we needed to find Pam a ride back. Luckily another elder from our mission was going and he was able to give her a ride home.
After the reception I headed to the airport to pick up my friend DANA!!! She was here for the wedding of her friend Mallory. From the airport we headed to Murray for the Bachelorette party. Karoake bar. Dana did a lovely rendition of Ain't No Mountain High Enough. Just for everyone's future reference, if you choose that song, pick the Marvin Gay version NOT the Diana Ross version. :) From there we headed back up to Bountiful to stay the night at Dana's aunt's house, since we'd need to be at the Salt Lake temple SUPER early, it made more sense to stay there since it's closer. That was good thinking, but that's where our good thinking stopped. It's not a good idea to stay up talking til all hours of the night when you have to get up at 5:15 to get ready to be to the temple by 6:30. Here's another tip for people, when you get married, don't pick the 7 a.m. temple time, although it was considerably less crowded.
We made it to the temple on time and I waited in the lobby while Dana went to the sealing. Then we headed outside for pictures. While I was waiting I saw a few couples coming out and actually knew one of the grooms from when I worked at Video Productions at BYU-Idaho. After pictures, we had a nice breakfast in the temple and then did a session together. That was fun. I've done sessions with some sisters from my mission, but never any of my childhood friends. While we were sitting in the Celestial room I looked over at a bride and groom sitting on the couch next to us and discovered it was an elder from my mission. Only in Utah. :) We then headed to the Lion House for lunch and then back to Bountiful to see her family for a little bit.
What we really wanted to do then was take a nap, but Mallory needed help getting things ready for the dinner and reception so we headed to Lindon. It was hot and we were tired, but we helped anyway. The dinner was tasty and the reception was beautiful. We skipped out early on the reception. We were just too tired. Once we got to my house in Provo, we didn't have any energy and just sat and watched TV for an hour and then went to bed. With all the weddings this weekend I thought of this card I saw on pinterest. Obviously the drinking part doesn't apply to me, but the rest was fitting. Oh 27 how I love you.



Sunday was pretty chill. Dana and I made an awesome breakfast, went to church, came home, made a sandwich and then we were off to the airport. It was a short visit, but we had a great time. It was so great to see her. I just love her and her funny personality. What great memories I have with this girl.

1 comment:

  1. "Ain't No Mountain High, Ain't no Valley Low, Ain't No River Wiiiiiiide enough, baby!" Cathy.... You can't keep me from gettin' to you. ;) I had soooooo much fun with you last weekend. Let's do it again... every month... forever... :)

    ReplyDelete