Friday, August 10, 2012

Answers

I know I've written about this before. I never seem to learn my lesson when it comes to asking for blessings. It's so hard to do EVERY TIME! I don't know why. Maybe I'm much more prideful that I think or maybe Satan just works really hard on me in that department.
Wednesday I should have thought of asking for a blessing on my own, but it didn't even cross my mind. Thursday morning at work, the lady I work with was asking me about the new job and after I broke down and told her all the hard things going on in my life right now, she asked me if I had asked my dad for a blessing. DUH! Why didn't I think of that!? My dad was at my house! If I can't have dad do it, the next best thing is to ask the home teacher. I resolved pretty quickly after she suggested it to ask. Then the rest of the day went on and I called and accepted the job and was feeling pretty good by midday. Then I started to debate with myself. "Get one. It will be good" and "I'm really feeling much better and I already accepted the job so what's the point? You'll be fine. You got this". Honestly! Why would I try and talk myself out of a good thing?
Lucky for me the smart side one and as soon as I got home I called my home teacher. That's actually 2 points because I called. I never call. But I figured it would be harder to back out if I actually asked with my own voice and it forced me to be really humble. I'm sure texting would have worked just fine, but calling was what I needed to do I think. So did my home teacher tell me no way? Of course not. I don't know why I always freak out to ask them. They really don't mind. They live across the street and it takes maybe 10 minutes to come over, give the blessing and be done. WHY CAN'T I JUST ASK WITHOUT FREAKING OUT!?
Okay, enough beating myself up. I did ask. They did come. And it was amazing. I am so SO grateful for the priesthood and for worthy men in my life who are willing to serve and bless me.
Most of the blessing didn't really have anything to do with the job. It was just a beautiful testament that God loves me and is aware of the tiny details of my life and the desires of my heart.

Lucky for me I did much better at controlling my emotions than I did last time I asked them for a blessing. There was no sobbing this time, just a few tears. I didn't have to worry about my mascara running or worse, my nose running, onto Josh's white shirt. I'm sure they were grateful for that as well, even if they didn't think about it.

If you ever feel like you need a blessing, don't let yourself talk you out of it. It's hard. It's hard for me every single time, but it's worth it. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Maybe one of these days I'll find the constant humility I really need.

1 comment:

  1. I love you... :) I love how you tell it like it is, because we all need to learn the same lessons sometimes. Humility is a tough thing to grasp. I'm still reaching for it, but my biggest obstacle is pride. I'm glad you got the job, and hopefully things will continue to work out in your favor! :) God loves you lots!

    ReplyDelete