Monday, April 2, 2012

March Madness

Good thing I hadn't gotten far since everything I had just got erased. Oh computers. I did two things for March Madness other than the normal basketball thing. My April Fools joke was a whole new kind of madness for me, but that's another story. You can read about it here.
The second one has to do with my New Year's challenge. If you missed the results for February you can read about it here. I didn't post it until recently since it had to do with dating and I was working on the aforementioned April Fools joke.
So March Madness. Deb, one of the greatest people ever, invited me and a whole bunch of other girls from our Relief Society to do her version of March Madness. Read The Book of Mormon in a month.

I was very hesitant to take on this challenge. I love to read, but what a daunting task. 531 pages of scripture. That's 18 pages a day! This isn't Harry Potter, where you just can't put it down and can read for hours and hours. This is scripture. For those who have read The Book of Mormon you know what I'm talking about. In the end I decided that I could do it. That is, afterall, what a challenge is about. Pushing yourself.
The beginning was amazing! I found it very easy to keep up with the reading schedule and I was really getting a lot out of it. As time went on, it got more difficult and I'm ashamed to say, it may not have been the quality reading it should have been. After a week of always being 2 days behind I finally caught up.
I would have made it if I hadn't decided to go to the movies on Saturday night. We Bought a Zoo. See it. So good. Anyway, when I got home from the movie at 12:15. I sat down and finished the last 6 pages. April 1, 2012 12:30 a.m. I finished The Book of Mormon.
What an amazing book that truly testifies of Christ, gives us answers to our questions and guidance for our lives. I know it is a book of God. What a great blessing to have it in my life.
I give myself an A on this challenge. I'd give myself an A+ but I missed it by 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Great job!! I'm glad I found your blog! loved the April fools joke too!!
    Collette

    ReplyDelete