Monday, April 30, 2012

Improvement

Yesterday I ran my first race of the season. It was the Pink series 5k. It's a breast cancer run. Last year I ran my first 5k ever at about this same time. It's always great when you can look back and see that you have made improvements and that all your hours of running have actually accomplished something. Last year my time for the 5k was 38 minutes. I run 4 miles in that time now. My time yesterday at the 5k was 26:48. Woohoo!!! 11 minutes faster AND I went running for 5 miles after. What has this running done to me!? Next week is the Provo half. I won't have a Julie to run with me so we'll see how it goes.
After the run yesterday I went to lunch with my friends Janel and Daniel. I went to college with both of them and they are just so great. Their kids are so cute and it was fun to sit and chat with them for a while. It's been about a year and a half since I've seen them.
Last night my roommate had some friends over and we talked and played games. I'm really glad she likes to do things like that. I like to meet new people but I'm not one to organize it. Hurray for new roommates and hurray for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment