Monday, April 16, 2012

More April

What a week. Somehow I got tricked talked into running a half marathon in May. I have NOT been training, so this week began my training. I'll probably die, but I said that last time too. This week I ran 22 miles. Yuck.
I feel like a lot happened and now that I'm sitting down to write it I can't think of anything. Friday night I had a date with Jay (my fake fiance). Sadly I killed all his plans by going to plasma. Poor Julia hit a tendon and I almost hit her. It hurt so bad and my arm was pretty much out of commission for the rest of the night. We ended up going to dinner and watching a movie. We had talked about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang earlier this month and decided we needed to watch it, so my arm gave us an excuse to sit and watch a movie instead of going out and doing some other date thing.
Saturday morning was my long run. 8 miles. The actually running wasn't bad, it was the after that wasn't much fun. So tired and not feeling well aren't really my favorite things. I had Aubrey and Rick over for pancakes since it was the end of the week and I hadn't done my 2 recipes.
Ricotta Souffle Pancakes were pretty tasty.
My friend Tammy does a food blog and I got it from there. Mine definitely didn't turn out as pretty as hers, but they tasted okay. I should just get a pancake griddle. I think it'd help.
After pancakes I made these beauties.
Thin Mint gooey cake bars Seriously they were so easy and SO good. You could just substitute any mint cookie, keebler grasshopper or the like for the thin mints since they are seasonal. Really good. Yum.
I took them to the Sister Reunion we had for my mission and they were a hit.
The reunion was SO fun. I love seeing the sisters from the mission. Elders are great, but we really had such a great time together as sisters and I was always with sisters so we did fun stuff together on p-day. It was a "Sevilla Seis" reunion with everyone else invited to attend as well. I love the mission and I LOVE these girls.
Thanks Camille for letting us use your house and for not hating me (anymore)for my "mean" joke. I love you!
Sunday I got up and started on my 2 recipes for this week. That's right I decided to not be a slacker and Aubrey volunteered me to make dinner on Sunday. I decided to go with Chilean Empanadas which I love.
They weren't too difficult but did take some time. My dough didn't chill as long as it was suppose to . . . woops. They still turned out. I also made pretzel jello salad.
I love this, but hadn't ever made it myself. It turned out okay.
For dinner I invited Aubrey, Jay, Rick and Emma.
We had a lovely time. We played "Have you ever Smurfed?" Which can be very funny.
Dinner was followed by an Easter Musical Fireside in my stake and then Disney movie night where we watched Sleeping Beauty. I did manage to get a nap in before dinner, but it seems my body didn't take it as well as it use to since I was up until 1 unable to sleep. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment