Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Make a wish!

Last night we braved the wet snow to celebrate Chinese New Year. A student from BYU who is from China brought back a whole bunch of floating lanterns when she went home for the holidays and then she invited all who wanted to participate to come and light a lantern.


It was so fun to look up and see them floating away into the snowy night.

I guess you're suppose to write wishes all over the lantern and then you let them float away and they will all come true. Or something like that. I was a little bit late so I may have missed the explanation. Most people just made a wish in their mind and then let the lantern float away. That was the option I chose.


It was a really fun activity and I think we've decided to find some more lanterns and make a date out of it.

Here's to hoping my wish comes true in 2012.




1 comment: