Monday, January 9, 2012

What a weekend.

This weekend was crazy! I'm learning that I'm just not as young as I use to be and staying up really late multiple nights in a row just isn't as easy as it once was. But it's still really fun.
Thursday started off the madness of it all. I'm a mentor for 4-h and we went roller skating. I had not been roller skating in about 8 years, but I managed to not fall down a single time. Go me! Sadly though, the skates gave me a couple blisters on my right ankle and my back was pretty sore by the end. After dropping off my mentee I got a text telling me about a s'mores party so I headed over.
I was instantly a hit with my awesome jacket my brother gave me for Christmas, not that that's important, but it was still fun. We sat outside with the coals for a long time and had a delightful time. When the coals died down we headed inside and played around on the guitars. (I just sat and observed since my guitar skills are non-existent). We had a nice chat and finally headed home at 12:30. Night one over.
Friday night I took my friend Aubrey out to dinner for her birthday. We had a lovely time at Brick Oven and then headed to a birthday party for another friend who shares the same birthday as Aubrey. After a couple games of Bananagrams, an amazing trampoline routine, and the movie Thor, I headed home. This night wouldn't have been too late (I got home around 12 ish), but Aubrey's birthday was Saturday and I still had not finished her present so I stayed up until 2 binding the quilt that I actually made for her last year. Hurray for finally finishing.

Saturday was Aubrey's birthday party and I went over early with her to help her set up. What a party it was! So many people and such a great time. I stayed and helped with clean-up and then helped her carry her stuff in when we got home. It was a 1 am bedtime.
Sunday I had a baby blessing to attend at 9am. Thanks to my multiple late nights I woke up at 8:40 and only barely made it to the blessing.
It was a fantastic weekend, but man, I really can't stay up so late all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment