Monday, January 2, 2012

The Challenge

Okay, so it's a new year and I have some resolutions, but I was trying to think of something new. So I came up with having a challenge to complete every month. Only problem is I can't think of things, so I'm asking for some suggestions. I have 9 so I need three more.

January- No spend month. I can pay rent, pay for my tires, and other such bills, but no groceries, gas, eating out (except for friends birthdays), etc.

February- Date Month. This one scares me. I have to go on a date a week and since I don't get asked on many dates, it's going to be up to me OR (and this is the better option) my friends can set me up. Be thinking people.

March- March Madness. Read the Book of Mormon in one month.

April- New Recipes. Try 2 new recipes a week. I'm open to suggestions of things you really like. :)

May- No treats. No candy, dessert, soda, etc. I can have gum, but that's it.

June- run 100 miles. (modified 4/30 since I almost ran that in April, I thought I'd better stretch it) I suppose this might kill me so then I won't need anything for the next 6 months. :)

July- Cowboy month. Go to a rodeo, shoot a gun, ride a horse, and any other cowboy thing we can think of.

August- No facebook

September- Temple month. Attend the temple twice a week and every day for one week. Provo is even open Monday mornings.

October- Vegetarian month.

November- Service month. Find planned service activities to do every week.

December-

As for December I'm open to any suggestions. Ready, set, go.

3 comments:

  1. Read a book a week for a month. Preferably classics that are outside your normal genre. And let me know, but I can help find people in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm...can I do some of these with you? please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome way to do resolutions! I mean, who (other than my husband) sticks to their resolutions for an entire year? (He didn't eat fast food at all last year). I might have to join you on your quest for monthly improvement. ;) Of course, I don't think I could ditch Facebook for a whole month... pathetic, isn't it? You inspire me...

    ReplyDelete