Sunday, January 22, 2012

I love good days.

Friday was a fabulous day. Do you ever just have those days where you wake up happy? That was my Friday. I woke up happy, if not a little tired from staying up too late chatting. I had great hair, made it to work on time, work was good, I went to leave for lunch and my boss told me to go to lunch and not come back. :) Love those days.
Lunch was probably the highlight of the day. I had lunch with an old roommate, Natalie. She's been working in Disney World for the last 8 months and is headed off to Guatemala on Monday for 3 months. It was so great to just sit and chat with her. I love that girl! I'm sad now that we didn't do more together when we were roommates, but toward the end of the lunch she said when she was thinking of people she would want to be roommates with when she comes back, my name was on the top of the list. Man that made my whole day.
I get attached to people and want them to be my friend forever, but sadly that doesn't always happen because it takes two people to make relationships work. It made me happy to be reminded that I have friends in my life who really do like me (I know that sounds really dumb) and who are willing to put in the effort to continue to be my friend just like I'm willing to be theirs. It was just so great.
I followed up lunch with a trip to the plasma center. As I was sitting there waiting the girl next to me started asking questions about donating. She was in for the first time and was a bit nervous. It was fun to sit and chat with her. We discovered that we were at BYU-Idaho at the same time and that we served missions in neighboring countries. It was fun to make a new friend.
After she left, I went in for screening. This is usually my least favorite part, but I had a super friendly person doing the screening and the finger prick didn't even hurt at all. It was glorious.
Then I was off to actually donate.
Some people think I'm crazy for going in twice a week and being stuck with a needle. I really don't think it's that bad. Friday was a new experience for me. My favorite plasma friend David did my stick and when the needle went in there was a lovely spray of blood coming out. Most of it ended up on his hands, but some of it found it's way onto my clothes. I thought it was kind of funny. :) After going home and washing out my clothes, I went to a birthday party for some people in my ward. It was great fun. My friend Pam went with me. It was quite entertaining to watch them play human foosball and we even joined in at the very end. All in all it was a fantastic Friday and I am grateful for such great friends.

3 comments:

  1. We are greatful for you too Cathy! :) Friends forever! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how positive your posts are! It just makes me smile to read about your uplifting experiences, and I'm glad you take the time to share them. That's why so many people love being friends with you! :) Can I be your friend forever? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy~~
    Thanks for posting this. I needed to read something happy tonight after the day at work I had. Don't get me wrong I like my job but some days are really tougher than others.
    Thanks for your friendship and the inspiration you are to many people.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete