Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's never that bad

So after my fiasco with the car, I took it in this morning to have the ignition replaced. I was in a much better mood this morning. I was going to drop the car off and have them take me to work. As I'm standing there talking with the guy, asking if someone can take me to work and explaining where I work, someone behind me says "Cathy?" I was a bit confused, but as I turned around I got such a great surprise. Rob, a guy from my ward when I lived in Orem, was standing there! I haven't seen him in almost 6 months and it was so good to see him! He offered to take me to work so I got to chat with him a bit.
Around 3 they called to tell me that my car was done and that the part they had ordered hadn't cost as much as they thought. Hurray! So my $400 car repair turned out to only cost me $250. My car works great and I got to see Rob. If you had told me Thursday that it really wasn't so bad, I probably would have glared at you and held back some biting retort or flying fist. :) But really things are not so bad when you look at them from a different perspective. Sure it bites that I had to pay $250 to get my car fixed, but I still had a car that ran and I drove it all weekend, they fixed it, I got to see Rob, and I learned a lesson, it's never as bad as you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment