Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Crappy Day

I had a fun weekend planned. Friday night I was going to go to a girls night with some friends, Saturday go to the temple, go for a run, go grocery shopping so I had food for my family when they came to visit, clean, maybe take a nap, Saturday night drive to Salt Lake and see Les Mis with my cousins, Sunday hang out with my fam, Monday play and go to the Bruno Mars concert. About half of those things happened.
Thursday was the day from Hell. I tell you I haven't had such a horrible day in . . . I don't know, a really long time. I should have known it wouldn't be good when I got up early to get some homework done and the internet was down. No problem I'll take my laptop to work and get what I need done there with their internet. I get to work and this man is pretty much waiting for me as I get out of my car. He didn't have an appointment. I called him the day before to set one up but he didn't call back. Once we got inside the building he was really upset that my boss wasn't there. "Well if you had called and set up an appointment I could have told you that he wouldn't be in this morning." Then he goes off and how this is the only time he could come and he won't be able to come back later. Not my fault. He's getting pretty upset with me, but HELLO there is nothing I can do to change the fact that JOHN ISN'T THERE. So I tell the man that I will go look for the papers he needs to sign, as I'm walking away he asks if John is always this disorganized, that really bothered me. Don't blame the fact that you think you can just walk in and have everything your way on someone else! I turned around and told him as much. I said "John is really organized, especially when he knows people are coming. He always has there stuff ready when he's planning on someone." Then I went and found the papers sitting on John's desk. Now the man is reading through them (good for him) and telling me everything that is wrong with them. How is that helping? Don't sign it, take the pen, make the changes and GET OUT OF HERE. To say he was rude and I was bugged is an understatement. After almost 45 minutes he finally left. Then my sister was going to stop in Provo and go to lunch with me, but her plans were changed and it didn't happen. This wasn't necessarily a bad things, but disappointing after my already not so great morning.
Then the worst part of the day. I went home for lunch since I hadn't packed one and I wanted to see if the internet was working (since the pass code for the internet at work wasn't working, just my luck). I got home, internet was working, ate lunch, got the stuff I needed for homework and then went out to my car to return to work. CAR WON'T START. It won't even let me try. The key will not turn past turning on the radio. It just stops. At this point I was just annoyed. I tried a couple things and then did what I always do when I have car problems, I called dad. He gave me a few things to try, looked stuff up online, but nothing. The ignition still wouldn't turn. I live on a hill and my driveway is pretty steep, and my car is manual so I rolled it down and popped the clutch and woohoo! my car started. I drove around the block and came back parked it in the driveway, turned it off, then tried again. NOTHING. It has the same prob. So now I'm letting my boss know, I'm not gonna make it in. I look up a mechanic, call them, the roll the car down the driveway again and take it in. By this point I have been crying, but I've composed myself. I take the car in, tell them the problem, then sit to wait. and wait and wait. They fix the clutch (which was temperamental) and then I wait some more. Finally the man comes in and takes me out to explain what the problem is. There is a tumbling mechanism in the steering column that actually start the car, there is a metal rod that actually cranks the starter and that metal rod has snapped. Such a tiny little piece of metal and yes that tiny piece of metal is costing me $250 plus labor. Now I know that this really isn't bad. It definitely could be a lot worse especially as far as car repairs go, but I've ALREADY had a crappy day! Now I am crying my eyes out. I tried really hard not to. REALLY, REALLY hard. So I go to go pay for all of this and what happens? MY CARD IS DECLINED! Are you freakin' kidding me?! That's never happened to me before! The man felt so bad. He did split up the bill so I was only paying for the part and I'll pay for the labor when it's actually done. They had to order the part so I've been driving my car around with the makeshift key that is actually an old dipstick. Real classy. So now I've missed half a day of work, I'm $400 dollars poorer, but my car still runs. I came home, went running and then tried to do homework. I'm not saying it was quality homework, but whatever. I did fail my statistics quiz, but by that time I wasn't surprised. The only highlight of the day was when I got a message on facebook from my friend Josh asking if I'd be home this weekend. I wasn't going home since my fam was coming here and we had lots of plans. I asked him why he wanted to know and he told me he was receiving his endowment Saturday morning. Now that's a big deal! I thought it through and decided that if I threw out the girls night party, the run, and the Provo temple that I could totally still do it. So what did I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment