Sunday, May 8, 2011

Life long friends

I love people. I get very attached to people fairly quickly. I have this thing with wanting everyone to like me, or at least not hate me and once we are friends I want to be friends forever. In college I had this vision of girls weekend getaways with my friends from college. Talk about our families, our problems, our hopes for the future. As I have graduated college and moved on with life I have come to find out that, although it's a great vision, it takes more than just me to make it possible. And so for that I am very grateful to those friends of mine who have kept in touch. Thank heaven for facebook and blogs. :) But more than that, the friends who, although they live far away, make an effort to contact me when they are in town, or who are more than willing to make time and arrangements to meet up with me when I go to their town. I am so grateful for the wonderful friends I have had in my life. I can think of so many, but I'm only going to list a few from each phase of my life.
Katie- the best friend a sunbeam could ever ask for and longest friend I have.
Dana- a friend who has withstood the test of time and distance.
Danizza and Laura- the high school posse.
Aubrey- the best example of a disciple of Christ and partner in many adventures.
Lucy- when I think of service I think of her.
Jamie- always willing to listen and chat
Denae- the best mission companion you could ever ask for and partner in many a p-day adventure.
Camille- Lives what she believes. Can make you feel like a million bucks and never thinks you're silly, no matter what you say or do.
Julia- my most favoritest sister, the funniest person I know, and my very best friend.
My mom- I put her last because when I was young, I definitely didn't consider her to be my friend, but she has seen me through the best and worst, she has been my defender, my confidant, my adviser and my friend. She gave me life and she has seen me through it.

To all of these beautiful women, thank you. Thank you for being a life long friend. Thank you for your example, your friendship, and your reciprocated effort to stay my friend more than just on facebook. :) You are all wonderful daughters of God. To those of you who are mother's Happy Mother's Day, to those of you who aren't yet, you will be great moms. I love you all.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my HEART! :) I love you Dear Cathy. I'm so glad we met that blessed day at Central Elementary School. You bring sunshine to my dull and gloomy days, and hopefully I have my moments where I can do the same for you. We're pretty much stuck together no matter how many miles STILL separate us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,

    You make my life!! I started crying when I read this. Thank you for reminding me of who I am, for helping me to become better, for laughing with me and for being a Christlike example. I love you! You are an amazing person that does amazing things!!

    -Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh shnookums...love you dear girl. thanks for being a strength to me and my family!!

    ReplyDelete