Saturday, November 19, 2011

Creativity

So last night I was set up on a blind date. I was a little nervous because I don't really know the guy who set me up very well. I was informed that I would receive a clue by text message and sure enough 5 minutes before they came to get me I received my clue. The answer was brown. When I got in the car with the rest of the people (it was a triple date) they had already figured out their clues and all the clues combined took us to the Wilk on BYU campus to some lounge where there would be a brown envelope. Inside the envelope were Sudoku puzzles with squares circled. When solved the circled squares would give us GPS coordinates for the location of our dinner. Well that didn't really work and after we were lost for a while they planners just gave us the location. When we arrived in the Crabtree building we were met by a man in a suit with a towel over his arm. He took us to a service elevator and when it opened, inside was a table for six, complete with candles (electric) and elevator music. It was AWESOME! Each course of the meal was served on a different floor. I had heard of something similar to this happening at BYU-I. People would have picnics in the giant elevator in the Snow building, but seriously this was one of the most creative dates ever.
I'd love to give the guys the credit for this awesome date, but the whole thing was planned and put on by their bishop. They bought it at a service auction and he did everything else. Seriously one of the coolest dates ever.

2 comments: