Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's Conference Time

Twice a year it comes. Twice a year it doesn't disappoint. I am loving this October Conference. For one it's a whole heck of a lot warmer than April was, second October is when Dana is here and third I'm sitting at home this year to watch instead of running around Temple Square wanting to pull my hair out.
Conference weekend started Friday night with the Mission Reunion. I think every conference it gets a little bit more depressing. Only because there will be 50 people there and I know about 10. Makes me feel old.

Denae (my trainer), me, and Morgan (who I trained). 3 generations in the mission.

We make up for it by going out to eat afterward with the 10 people we know. It's always so fun to sit around and talk about the mission, laugh and just get to know each other a little bit better.

After dinner we headed back to Sarah's house where we would be staying the night. Saturday morning poor Sarah had to go to work so Pam and I got ready, ate breakfast, and watched conference with Sarah's roommates. Then we packed up and headed for temple square to meet up with Denae for the second session. Sadly that didn't happen. Pam and I watched the 2nd session in the Joseph Smith Building in the Legacy Theater, I love it there probably more than the conference center. After conference we went to the Gateway mall. We walked around there for a bit, not finding much and then headed back to the car. Although my shoes were flat my feet were killing me and I ended up carrying my shoes. Once at the car we headed to Bountiful to see DANA!!!! I love that she comes every October conference since that's the only time I ever get to see her and all other communication occurs on facebook. We went out for our usual conference ice cream and just talked and talked. I really wish she lived closer.


Now I'm sitting at my house watching conference on this beautiful October Sabbath day. Life is so good.

1 comment:

  1. You are gorgeous! I love what you have done with your hair. That doughnut needs to open his eyes and see that you are the ultimate package my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete