Thursday, October 6, 2011

What is happening?

In March I decided I should start running. It's good for my heart right? So I did. I was doing 1.5-3 miles and it wasn't fun. My goal was to do a couple 5k's (3.1 miles) for the summer. I did my first 5k and it wasn't too awful. Then dad got me to jump right in to a 10k (6.2 miles). I have the half marathon on my bucket list but didn't really think it would happen this year. I've always been a fair weathered runner. If it's yucky outside I'm going to use it as an excuse to stay inside, but something has happened. I'm now running 5 miles, sometimes early in the morning and this morning just proved to me that I have lost my mind. I got up at 6:30 and went running in the rain. And it was COLD!! Right now, 3 hours later, it's 34 degrees. I could actually see by breath as I was running. Why did I go? Because missing a day makes it super crappy when I do go running the next time. It was not a good run, it was cold and wet and miserable, but I did it. Saturday is my last long run before the half. 10 miles. I wish I had a picture of myself from when I got back from the run. I was looking quite awful, but I read this once. . .


I was definitely not looking pretty so I guess I did it right. And I suppose I'll just keep on doing it. I guess there are worse things in life that to have a ridiculous habit of running.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! What half are you doing? I am doing my first half in January, and I am kinda freaked out! I can't wait to hear all about your race! Way to get out there in rain. I didn't go this morning, because I am seriously hoping that the weather will clear up by this evening!

    ReplyDelete