Saturday, October 22, 2011

Worthwhile things take time.

A truth of life. Worthwhile things take time. It's been proven many times. I've seen it in my own life. Tonight at the "adult session" of Stake Conference I was given just a little reminder of this truth. It's simple, it's true, and man did it hit home.
Patience is not something I have in abundance. Many times when I want something I want it right now. That, sadly, is not how life works. But when I really ponder it, it's not that sad. I think about my half marathon next weekend. I feel that it's a worthwhile goal that I have in life and I've been working toward it for a long time. I've put in a lot of effort and have slowly seen the results. I've learned a lot about myself and I know there will be a big payoff. All my hard work will bring about the goal I've been working for and I've gotten little blessings along the way. My endurance has increased, I dropped a pant size, I have something to talk about in conversation, it's really been great.
Most things in life are like that. We have those goals, no matter what they may be. We have to set our course and go forth, trusting in God, and trusting that our worthwhile desires will become a reality with time. Who knows when the time will actually come, but God loves to find any reason to bless us and He will as we continue along the path He guides us to.
So, I'll set my course and go forth. Pursuing education, preparing myself for the future, and ultimately continuing in my wait for the perfect doughnut.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. He make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that I love you! :) And I wanted to comment on your last post but blogger was being a poobutt and wouldn't let me. Did you consider the amazing coincidence that you were eating a DOUGHNUT when a guy asked for your number??? Hello! A DOUGHNUT!! :D Keep some extras in your purse for good luck or something! :)

    ReplyDelete