Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quick to forget

So Sunday night slash Monday morning brought me a little bit of trials. You'd think having just listened to President Uchtdorf's talk on Saturday, I'd be in great shape to take on the week, but apparently Satan knows me pretty well and he snuck right it. I kept trying to tell myself that it was fine and that I was blowing things out of proportion, but since when do I ever listen to me? So what did I do? I went to the two people I always go to for advice (besides my mom) Laura and Dana. They were, as always, very helpful, loving and supportive.
I listened to Elder Uchtdorf's talk two more times and when I got home from running errands after work I went for a run. It's amazing what a little spirituality and some running can do for the body and soul. :) I felt much better and I think I can take on the world, at least for one more day.
How silly I am to know so much, but to be so quick to forget when problems come and seem to consume everything. I think the two things from President Uchtdorf's talk that helped me most were, forget not to be patient with yourself and forget no that God loves you. Hopefully my memory lasts a little bit longer. :)

I recommend to everyone, male and female, to watch or listen to Elder Uchtdorf's talk. Reading works to but I think it has a little something extra coming directly from his mouth.
Watch it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment