Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tis the Season

One week already gone for December. Craziness. I guess I'll start with the saddest news in my opinion. It's been 50 degrees here and all our beatiful snow we got last week is now gone. Now it's just rainy and gray. In the flux of temperatures I have also aquired a head cold. I'm not loving that. It started with a stuffy head, waking up because I couldn't breath. It has now spread to include my throat and lungs so I have a lovely cough. I have discovered that I shouldn't take NyQuil late at night unless there is time to sleep-in in the morning. Found that out this morning when Katie came to shake me awake on the couch, telling me it was 8:30. Good thing work is close and I had all green lights so I was only 10 minutes late.
Sunday I had the opportunity to go to the conference center for the 1st Presidency Christmas Devotional. What a great devotional it was. It's always nice to have a good reminder of why we have this Christmas season. It's a great time to reflect on our individual testimony of the Savior and his life and sacrifice for us. It is a beautiful time of year.



We of course went to look at the lights afterward.

Last night was my ward party. We went to this amazing house up Hobble Creek Canyon in Springville. Really this house was amazing. HUGE. We had our dinner in the gym that you got to my walking by the indoor playground. Complete with giant tree for a tree house. After dinner we had an auction to raise money for sub for santa. They've done this in years past. Last year they raised $1200. Aside from being too long, the auction was very entertaining. I got teeth whitening trays that will be fitted just for me with the whitening stuff for $35. I was happy with my purchase. And the quilt I donated brought in $50. In total we raised just over $1500. A couple other highlights of the night were the Holman's who use to be the 2nd counselor in our ward came with their baby Penny and the guy I met from Spain. Malaga even! It was fun to talk to him. I'm tellin' ya, accents from southern Spain just make me melt. I wish I had had a book in Spanish for him to read to me. Loved it. Even if I thought it was going to be super awkward. What would you think?! A guy in your ward (Joe) comes up to you and says "Come with me. I want you to meet someone." Awkward right? Luckily it was just because Joe knows I served in Spain. What a great night. I can't believe it's only Tuesday though. I'm ready for it to be Friday.

1 comment: