Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The season is upon us

I can't believe that Christmas is this weekend. It's ridiculous. I've been working on getting my New Year's resolutions for this next year and reviewing how I did for 2010. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I did better than I thought. I'll have to post those next week. This past week has been busy with Christmas parties and shopping. Friday night I took my cousin Emma and we headed to Salt Lake for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas show featuring David Archuleta. Our cousin Rick got tickets and invited us to go. Sadly it took us 25 minutes to go less than a mile. The traffic did get better and we were only 15 minutes late meeting Rick. We got in his car to carpool to the conference center and man was the traffic not on our side. We finally made it into Salt Lake and turned down West Temple. He was going to drop us off and then go park the car. Well as 7 o'clock approached we were still sitting in the car not moving very much. We were at the same light for 3 lights! Emma and I decided that this was just unacceptable and that we would get out and run so we could get in and save seats. It's a good thing we did. First of all let me just say that running in a skirt and high-heel boots isn't the most comfortable thing and I'm sure I looked ridiculous. Second it's no fun to run when it's 20 degrees outside. My lungs were killing me! But we made it. Emma and I went in and found 3 seats together, which wasn't the most ideal thing since Rick had also invited his friend Susan. We managed to get one seat two rows in front of us and only had to beat off one elderly couple. Susan showed up around 7:10 and informed us Rick was still parking the car. Susan texted him our location and we settled in to watch the show. I was very worried he wouldn't make it in since all the doors were closed and no one was coming in. But at 7:40 I looked up toward the doors and there he was. I stood up for a second so he could see us and then we enjoyed the show. I went to a David Archuleta Christmas concert last year and was so impressed with him that I went out and bought his Christmas album. He didn't disappoint this year and as always the Choir was amazing. On the way home we got stuck in traffic again and then when traffic thinned the roads were so slick that my top speed was 40. It took us a while to get home.
Yesterday I woke up yet again to a winter wonderland. The weather here has been pretty lame lately. Last Wednesday it snowed, but was followed by 50 degree weather which melted it all. Yesterday we got good heave snow (which I got stuck in and the neighbor had to push me out). I was suppose to go into work but our internet was down so I never went in. Instead I went home and Katie and I built a giant snowman. It was quite the ordeal and I'll have to get pictures from her. Sadly later in the day it warmed up and rained so by 9 p.m. the snowman was leaning precariously and this morning we found him in pieces in the road. He had a good life, short though it was. We also made a cake out of snow for Katie's husband Marc's birthday. She made most of it, I contributed at the end. It was a fun day in the snow. I finished off the night by going to visit my friend Camille who served in Spain with me. It was fun to see her and her cute little boy and her pregnant tummy.
I love Christmas time.

1 comment:

  1. I was certainly glad I did make it. Thanks for joining me. It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete