Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland

So it's Wednesday and I completely forgot to post yesterday, but it's okay because today we have SNOW. I would post a picture but I left my camera at home. It's been a bit ridiculous not having any snow. Growing up in the frozeness that is south east Idaho, I just love a White Christmas. Katie made a good point that I'll be there for Christmas and have snow, but it's so much easier to get into the Christmas spirit when there's snow on the ground to help me out.
I can't believe the month is half gone. I'm a week behind. I keep thinking that the 18th is next weekend. HELLO, it's this weekend, STOP planning things. Oh well. Maybe I'll catch up.
This last week was super great. Thursday night I got together with a couple girls from the RS presidency and we bought stuff for and made jingle bell earrings for the girls in our Relief Society. I was in charge of tying tiny red bows. Not the most fun I've ever had. Tying tiny bows is hard! Then I was in charge of taking all the earrings and gluing the bows on them. Fail. Almost all the earring hooks had come off the bells so I had to redo them. But I finished them yesterday (after a second trip to get more ribbon) and they are super cute. I also got some other Christmas gifts done.
Friday night I went with my good friend Aubrey to Salt Lake and we went to a Christmas ball. A formal ball! It was great. That's right, the two of us went together without dates. It was a blast. We were jumping around and dancing like crazies. SO MUCH FUN!

Saturday morning after sleeping in a bit we headed to the Salt Lake temple for a session. It had been 4 years since I had been to the Salt Lake Temple. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I find it so much easier to pay attention in a live session. It was also great to go to Salt Lake again now that I know what I'm doing and can take it all in instead of worrying about what I need to do next. When I went 4 years ago it was only my second time to the temple and I was all by myself. I remember the nice lady next to me who helped me out. I love the gospel.
After the temple we headed back to Aubrey's aunt's house to get ready for the Fondu party. I'm not sure that I really helped very much, but I did watch the BYU game on TV with her uncle. That was some good basketball. Then we were looking for a Christmas movie on TV and found White Christmas. This is my ALL-TIME favorite Christmas movie which sadly and ironically I don't own, so I was super stoked to watch it. I did have to change it to the Jazz game on commercials to keep the guys from attacking me.

Sunday was fairly uneventful. What am I saying! Sunday I went and looked at a house in Provo to see if I wanted to rent a room there. It's perfect. My own room, own bathroom, only one roommate, an entire house, and the rent was $200 + utilities. I told them I had one other place to look at and that I'd get back to them. As I'm driving, the roommate (who is also the daughter of the people renting) calls me and says her mom said she'd drop the rent to $150. I was sold right then. I didn't even go and look at the other place. I called my mom, talked to her about it. Monday on my lunch break I called the roommate to tell her I wanted it, then her mom called and Monday night I went and signed the contract. Hurray!
Monday night for FHE we went and did the shopping for our ward's sub for Santa. We had the auction to raise money last week and it was so fun to go and buy stuff. We were shopping for a 79 year old woman who wanted shirts and then a 10 year old boy. Like we know what a 10 year old boy wants. We were asking little kids in the store how old they were and what they wanted and then I called my brother to ask him. He was very helpful even though he was 10 almost 13 years ago. :)
And so life is good. It's Christmas time, a season for love and giving and reflection on the purpose of the season, our Savior Jesus Christ. What a wonderful gift. Our Heavenly Father sent us a Savior to redeem us from our sins and make the way possible for our return to him. It doesn't get any better than that.

1 comment: