Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Made it

Here I am with my last post of 2010. Maybe not. I was going to give a review of my success on my New Year's resolutions for 2010, but I don't have them on me. I'll have to do it another time this week. Maybe. So the big Christmas week. It was great. I left Thursday morning for Idaho with my friend Katie and her family.

We made good time and I was in Rexburg around 1 and headed to the temple. Provo temple was closed last week which made it difficult to go. Lucky for me Rexburg was open. I love to go to that temple and see people I know working there. The rest of Thursday was fairly uneventful. My family was gone to go pick up my Grandma from Pocatello which took much longer than planned since the people bringing her to Pocatello left 4 hours late. Friday was a fun filled day. My sister and I headed up to campus with my dad. He was giving a tour of the new auditorium to one of my former co-workers who was here visiting for Christmas. After the tour we had the great pleasure of trying to get my sisters Christmas present for my mom from my dad's office to the car. It was very big, heavy and awkward but we made it. Then we raced home to unload so we could make it to our movie. TRON!!! I must say it was a good movie. I especially enjoyed seeing it with all of my family. We made it home for our delicious Christmas Eve dinner and then we wrapped presents like crazy.



These are a couple of our crazy elves.
My sister decided that we needed to rearrange our entire front room to accomodate the new cabinet she made for mom so we rearranged and finally finished around 1 a.m. Around 2 a.m. I woke up wanting to puke. We were all sleeping in the family room so I called out my brothers name, knowing he'd still be awake, and asked him to get me a bucket. Luckily I didn't puke. Christmas morning brought great surprises and it was fun. My sister and I then took a nap on the floor, which I don't recommend. Don't be so lazy and move to a couch or something. Christmas night I got a great surprise but you'll have to ask about that. Sunday I went to church with my parents. I had completely forgotten about the 2nd ward tradition of randomly calling on people who use to be in the ward who are visiting to bare their testimonies. My dad was gracious enough to point that out on the bulletin, but lucky for me the bishop did it a bit different this year and he had called and asked people before hand. Then at the end of sacrament meeting he sent everyone home. That's the second time that's happened to me this month. Monday was time to come back to Orem. I was tired but apparently not as tired as my friends I was traveling with. I wasn't going to go to sleep after I watched the driver nod off a couple times in the rearview mirror. Instead I put in the earbuds and started singing, not loud enough to wake up the kids but loud enough to maybe annoy the driver or atleast keep him awake. :) Once we made it home I went to packing up all my stuff. I sure do have a lot of it. Then I moved it. I have another load in my car right now and then I'll need one more trip, but after that I'll be all moved to my new house. I'm excited for the change.

What a great year 2010 has been. Bringing me lots of surprises and so many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment