Sunday, July 25, 2010

OREGON!

Thursday afternoon I started my adventures to the great state of Oregon. My friend Katie dropped me at the airport, sadly I was starting the trip with a headache and I didn't have anything with me to take. I flew from Salt Lake to Pheonix. Layover in there for an hour. Getting on the plane, the flight attendant Mike, asked how I was doing,(he was asking everyone, I didn't look that bad) I asked if he had anything for a headache and he said he'd see what he could do. I found a seat and waited for take-off. I kind of thought my friend Mike had forgotten, but right before we pulled onto the runway, he walked by and handed me some painkillers and a water. Best part of my night. Mike was one of my favorite people of the trip.
Upon arrival in Portland I made my way outside. It is much colder in Oregon at night than it is in Utah. I was FREEZING. I've been sleeping with no blanket and still been completely miserable in Utah, so I wasn't planning on colder weather. I didn't have a jacket and it was really cold. Luckily my ride was there so I didn't have to stand in it long.
Friday was full of fun things like setting up tables and stealing tables and chairs from the church. I was only the accomplice, it wasn't my idea. Moving those tables and chairs proved to be not good as Saturday I woke up with my left arm KILLING me. It still hurts. Anyway, Friday afternoon we made our way to the beach to take pictures of Denae and David looking all nice in their wedding attire. The beach was fun. It wasn't too cold. Worst part of the beach was that I left my camera in the car. Lucky for me Justin was nice enough to take some pictures for me with his camera. The pictures ended up taking way longer than planned. Denae started to drive back but as I watched her eyes in the rearview mirror I got a bit scared and offered to drive, so I drove the rest of the way home.
Saturday morning we got up to get ready for the wedding breakfast. It was very delicious. From there we were off to the temple. The temple was beautiful and it was all very lovely. From the temple I went with Denae's mom and I totally crashed. I slept for like 3 hours. I figured I had put in my manual labor hours the day before with the tables and chairs. Everything was very beautiful and the reception was fun. Denae and David were so happy and lucky for me I made a couple friends and her brother was there so I wasn't completely on my own.
This morning her mom and dad took me to the airport and I made my way back to Utah. It's much hotter and deserty here, but that's usually how vacations go. It was fun, and I'm glad I could be part of something so great for Denae and David.

No comments:

Post a Comment