Thursday, July 8, 2010

Best Friends

Some days I feel that maybe God tucked me away on a shelf and forgot about me. You know the feeling, nothing is going right, you feel that maybe no one would even miss you if you suddenly disappeared? But then there are those other days when you can be pretty sure that you must be God's favorite. Those moments come to me often one right after the other. One minute I feel that I'm the person pushed to the back of the cupboard growing something moldy, and then suddenly I see the bright glimmer of love from God, reflected in the face of a good friend. God sure knew me and continues to, as He sent me a very good friend when I was only 3 years old and just a sunbeam. One of those friends who knows what you're talking about, even when maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. A friend who puts a hand on your shoulder and says I'm here for you or maybe just doesn't say anything, but you still know that you haven't been forgotten, that maybe life could get worse and things really aren't that bad, and that someone does love me. So thank you God, for sending me Katie, when I was 3. And for sending her closer to me when I was 25. I appreciate it. And for all my other great friends. I'm very grateful for you too. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just had an Ahhhh moment. Glad He sent me to you and you to me! Thanks. Loves!

    ReplyDelete