Friday, July 16, 2010

Worst Day Ever

So I don't exactly love my job and for that I'm blaming this not so great day on my job, although in truth it was just my fault. So I'm at work and I get off at 6. I'm suppose to be in Salem 20 minutes away at 7 to meet some friends to go camping. Well I didn't get out of work til 6:15, then I had to take the deposit to the bank and go get gas. So I'm at the gas station and I think, "I haven't checked the oil in a while" so I do and it's low so I'm going to put oil in the car and I'm in a hurry and I pour oil EVERYWHERE! Ridiculous. I've spilled oil before, but not quite this much, and it smokes and stinks and that's the end. So it's smoking and then there are FLAMES!!! This is not good. I'm at a GAS STATION!!! So I look around for a fire extinguisher or something but there isn't one. I step back a little and just watch it. In reality the flames lasted about 2 seconds. So I'm standing there and it's still smoking and I don't know what to do, so I do what I always do when I have car trouble, I call my dad. He tells me to just wait and then drive home and look at it with the car running. So I get home and I'm looking at it and I'm on the phone with my dad (mind you I'm still in a skirt from work) and this guy comes up and asks if I'm having car trouble. I tell him what happened and he looks and it and tells me I got oil in the alternator. NOT GOOD. Actually REALLY REALLY BAD. So camping, still going to happen I just have to wait til my friend Barbara gets off work and go with her. Car, well my dad called back and my mom had the idea to take it to the car wash and use the high powered sprayer to wash everything out. Better water than oil right? At least water doesn't catch on fire. So when I get back from camping tomorrow that is what I will do. What a lame day. Hopefully camping goes well. I'll make sure to stay away from anything flammable. Blek.

1 comment: