Friday, June 1, 2012

Hello June

Maybe I'm the only one who sometimes really has a hard time being happy for people who are getting married. And maybe it's not that I'm not happy for them, but that my own disappointment for my lack of relationship overshadows any happiness I have for the happy little lovebirds. You may recall from my birthday month of dating that I had a third date who bailed on me because he got a girlfriend. That was a hard one to take and then they broke up after 2 weeks. By then I was knee deep in April Fools and "obviously unavailable". Not that I really think anything would have happened with him, but there's that tiny little voice that says "what if?" Honestly I don't think it would have worked and I'm okay with the fact that he's engaged. My favorite part is that he gave me SUCH a hard time about not knowing "Jordan" for very long. According to my story we had been dating for 2 months-ish. Now here he is, engaged after only 2.5 months. smh. Hypocrite. :) Oh well. I hope they will be very happy. I really honestly do. And more than that, I hope I will be very happy. Oh man.
On a different note, I started out June in style. No treat month is over and this was my breakfast.
That's right. A smoothie and a cupcake. I did make some eggs as well. My roommate made cupcakes last night and she decorated this one especially for me. Earlier in May she made brownies and one pan didn't turn out how she wanted so she put them on a plate on the counter with a sign that said "Eat me" and then in tiny letters below "except Cathy". My roommates were very supportive of me in my May challenge.

1 comment:

  1. What sweet roomies you have! Hurray for being strong. And I pray you find happiness. Maybe come to Florida for a few months visit and we can find someone tall, TAN, and soon to be RICH? ;)

    ReplyDelete