Friday, March 9, 2012

When I was a kid . . .

My parents have told me on more than one occasion that they'll pay me to not have a reception. Basically they want me to elope, but make sure that they are there. I always told them "NO WAY! I want a reception and announcements and millions of people there." Now that I'm actually in the moment, taking the money and running doesn't sound like such a bad idea. It's not that it's that complicated, but it does require some planning. Making lists of people to invite, finding decorations, which temple, who comes to the temple, who doesn't, bridesmaid, no bridesmaids. blah blah blah. Mom and dad's idea is just so much easier. I'm sure if we went with it, there would be some people who would be upset with us, but they'd get over it. Right? Whatever. Onward with planning! It'll be here before I know it. Lots to get done. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment