Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's Father's Day

It's pretty dreary here in Provo. Woke up to rain, went to church, came out to yet more rain, ate, and now it's still raining. But what a great day!
Friday I left work early and headed to Murtaugh, Idaho. Don't worry if you've never heard of it, I hadn't either and really you aren't missing out on much. We made it there without much trouble (we being Kristi and I, after I picked her up at the gas station in Burley). We sent up the tent and then just hung out for a while. It was a nice day, the lake was pretty, but we were hungry and the food was taking forever. Mom and Julie had the food and they got lost so it took quite a while for the food to arrive. In the meantime Kristi and I set up my tent. After dinner we played a rousing game of horse shoes. We being Kristi, Derek, and I. Julie was too good to come and play with us. (actually she was talking to some people she knew) Once in bed we stayed up chatting for far too long. The subject of our discussion will be saved for another day.
We got up at 5 a.m. to make breakfast and get ready. The race started at 7. Now my dad isn't much of a swimmer and the swim is first. He made it through, but was beat. Derek was out there in a kayak documenting the whole thing so we could always see where dad was. Then he was on to the biking. It's a good thing he's a strong biker and runner. He did most excellent, but the swim definitely took it out of him. I'm pretty sure if I tried to do a triathlon I'd be dead 50 yards into the water and if I some how survived the swim, the biking would kill me. But he finished! And I was so proud! I'll have to get pictures from my mom and sister, since as we know my camera is dead.


Yesterday after driving home, I went swimming with some friends and once I finally made it to my house I was beat! 5am and I don't really love each other. I did stay awake for a few more hours. My body was apparently really tired since I shut off my alarm and then proceeded to sleep til 9:50. Good thing I have 9:30 church. NOT! So I looked up another ward and went to their meetings at 11:30. It was amazing! There sacrament meeting talks were great, the Relief Society lesson was AMAZING, and Sunday school was good too. I think I need to find out where I need to live to be in that ward and move there. It's really just been a good day.
It was fun to go and be with family and I'm just so proud of my dad and the example he is to me. He is always supportive of me and has more faith in me than I have in myself. He's the best dad I could every ask for. I hope someday I find a man to marry, who is as funny, supportive, and hard working as my dad is.
Happy Father's Day Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment