Sunday, February 27, 2011

Como te quiero

I really want a nap and it's pretty cold my fingers are almost numb but I just don't want to wait any longer to write about my CRUISE! It was a blast and I would recommend it to anyone.
Friday we headed down to St. George where we stayed the night with Aubrey's friend Janae. She has two adorable kids and it was nice to not have such a long drive. I was out cold in about 2 minutes. We left Saturday morning and headed to Vegas. The other girls were hungry so we set out in search of a buffet. They ate and then we went and got tickets to The Lion King. Can you say amazing? It was SO good.

We were sitting at the very back and were afraid they wouldn't be good seats, but they were excellent. We could see everything just fine and it was so fantastic.
That night we stayed with Aubrey's friend from the mission, Margie. I didn't sleep very well that night but what are ya gonna do?
Sunday morning we were up early and on the road to San Diego. We made it there with no trouble and with plenty of time to spare. It was a bit surreal that we were actually there. And then we were off! Now I've always been one to get motion sick. As a baby my mom made sure she had an extra change of clothes handy because it could be planned that I would get sick and puke all over the place. To this day I can't read or do anything but sit really, in a car, train, plane, and it turns out a boat. The first night I was feeling pretty miserable. At dinner I sat with my water glass to my face and only ate soup, but it was good. Gazpacho Andalouse! Andalucia was my mission and I had gazpacho a few times on the mission so that was fun. We went to our room after dinner and were in bed by 9:30. Half a dramamine was a must everyday sometimes twice a day for the rest of the trip.
Monday was exploring the ship. We got up early and went running (good thing we were at sea level or I probably would have failed miserably), breakfast on the Lido deck and then off to get to know people on the trip. Lunch at the buffet, a nap (dramamine makes you tired), dinner, and a show.
Tuesday we were in Cabo. We got off the ship and walked around Cabo to our shore excursion. We went snorkeling. They took us out on a Catamaran, about a 45 minute trip, and then we were into the water. On the way we saw a couple of whales, but of course missed taking pictures. The Snorkeling was FREEZING. I was the first to jump in the water and it was so cold. Once you went numb it wasn't bad. :) We saw lots of fish and had a great time.


That night was the formal dinner so we got all dressed up. After the dinner we got to go and meet the captain of the ship.

Wednesday was another day in Cabo. We decided to be adventurous and went parasailing! It was amazing! While up in the air we saw a sea turtle and a hammerhead shark. It was fantastic. After the parasailing we went to Lover's Beach and played in the sand and surf. It was beautiful and I had a blast.




That night we watched the sunset and then went to a big dance. The next morning we got up so early to see the sun rise. It was beautiful.

Dinners were always fantastic. Naps and wandering around. Our "Bachelor" video, giggling fits, new people, phase 10, Aubrey flirting with every Filipino and Mexican we saw and just having such a blast. It was a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment