Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tabby Fest: Winter 2011

Well I made it to 26. It was a good birthday. Nothing too exciting to report. I do need to report on my date with a werewolf though. So my cousin Jamee has been wanting to set me up with her friend Jake. I actually facebook stalked him and thought he looked really familiar, but we both went to BYU-I so that could be it. Anyway he called me on Monday and we made plans for Wednesday. Prior to the date I was talking with my friend Jen who told me she had a good feeling about this. I told her she didn't even know his name. She asked his name. I told her Jake Black. She responds with " A good name . . . Wait. . . Isn't that the name of the werewolf on twilight?" I laughed out loud at my desk at work. So the actual date was good. He made dinner, then we went to donate blood. Turns out he couldn't so it was just me. At the end they were filling all the little viles and I asked why there were so many and he said they were for the vampires. I couldn't help but laugh again. Then he said "well you are out with Jacob Black". So funny. After the donating of blood he taught me to play the guitar and then we watched Groundhogs Day, since it was groundhogs day. It was fun.
Thursday, my birthday, I went to work. After work I got a call from my grandpa Van saying he was in Provo, so I called up my cousin Emma and we headed over to see him. After a slightly awkward visit with him we went across the street to meet my friends for dinner. It was a lovely evening.
Friday my sister drove down with her friend Melissa and then we were off to Tabiona. It was a blast as always. Aubrey knows how to have a party.




It was snowy and white and a bit cold but so much fun. That night we went to dinner with my roommate and then icecream with Aubrey. It was a fantastic weekend.

I may complain about getting older, but I am definitely glad to be alive. Life is so fragile as was brought home as we suffered the loss of an Elder from my mission. I didn't know him very well, but what I did know of him was great. He was very friendly and as I have read things others have written about him it just makes my heart break more. Elder Stephen Scott, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment