Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Home again Home again

Had a lovely trip back to Idaho this past weekend. I gave a ride to Abraham, a student from BYU. My cousin found his name to be very entertaining and said it every chance she got. Usually with her hand outstretched and with a deep voice. She dived right into his life asking him all sorts of personal questions. He was a good sport about it.
Saturday morning Jamee, Julie, and I headed out to the airport to go for a ride with grandpa in his new plane. It was fun. I had never been flying with my grandpa. As I was getting out of the plane I noticed a sign on the dash (I don't know if that's what it's called in a plane, but you get the idea). I'll post a picture, but for now I'll just tell you basically what it said.
"Passenger Warning"
This aircraft was built by ametuers and does not meet Federal Regulations. Fly at your own risk.
Or something like that. I told my sister to read it as she was getting in and I was getting out. She sent me a text while she was up that said, "I should have waited until we landed to read that."
After the flying I had to hurry home and get everything ready for a babyshower I decided to do last minute for my friend Lucy. She's the cutest little pregnant lady and I knew she didn't know many people in Rexburg yet, so we got some of the girls we use to work with together and it was so fun! I hadn't seen Hilary in over 4 years. It's crazy how life blazes by and sometimes leaves you behind. After the shower, I stuck around and just chatted with Lucy. She's always been so easy to talk with and I just love spending time with her.
After that I headed up to the University. They were doing a show and I hadn't ever seen a show from the new auditorium. It wasn't too exciting since the show was actually in the Hart and they were just running it out of the auditorium. Derek and Luke provided a good show though, with their conversation and singing.
Then we (my siblings and I) snuck off to work on our top secret Father's Day present, that sadly was discovered by the crew when they all walked in and dumb Mike thought it would be a great idea to yell about it. If my dad still doesn't know it will be a miracle.
Sunday was a birthday party for me, sacrament meeting and lunch and then the long drive back. More good times with Abraham and Jamee. :) I almost ran my car out of gas, but luckily we made it to Thanksgiving Point.
This week is pretty uneventful. Just packing and getting ready for my CRUISE! No post next week since I'll be on a boat, but when I get back I'll have to post pictures.

1 comment:

  1. You did have a packed weekend! You made my weekend bright!! Thanks again. I loved being able to visit with you as well. I am glad you made it back. =) Have fun on your cruise!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete