Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crummy Days

Do you ever have those really horrible days? The kind where you want to find a hole, crawl in, and never come out? Maybe cry a lot while you're in the hole? That was my Monday yesterday. I don't think it started out too terrible, but by 1:30 I was ready to call it a day. I may have shed a few tears, but since I was at work I tried to contian myself. I'm not sure what it was. A combo of may things I guess. The fact that my body hurts (freakin' tailbone), I have 5 little cuts on my body, I'm almost 26 and am not feeling very accomplished, who knows. That last one happens every year around my birthday, I look at another year gone by and think, so what? What have I done? Anyway, I texted my sister, she's always good for a pick me up, and she had me read an article from the February Ensign. It didn't exactly fit how I was feeling but did give me some good insights for life in general. http://lds.org/ensign/2011/02/did-i-still-love-him?lang=eng Finally at 4, I decided I had had enough and left early. I went to Dairy Queen for a Georgia Mud Fudge and then headed to Katie's house so her husband could take my stitches out for me. That done I went home. I decided I needed some Mike Tompkins. His cymbal makes me laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlW5c4tInvY Feeling a little bit better I decided to be productive and went to my room to work on some quilts. I turned on the ipod and went to work. Then this song played. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgmTyIf_eEg It's from the RM soundtrack. I don't like a lot of the pop versions of hymns/primary songs, but I really like this one. I listened to it over and over again. Cried some more and then I felt SO MUCH BETTER. I finished the night watching 2 movies, and getting a lot accomplished on my quilts. Then I went to bed. It turned out to be a fantastic night and now I'm ready for Tuesday. Really the rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Saturday I didn't even get out of my pajama pants. Last Wednesday I went to bed at 7 p.m. I took a nap Saturday and Sunday. I think my body is really just trying to heal itself and it's hard work. :) Can't let the crummy days get you down, call your sister, read the ensign, listen to music, be productive, it'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment