Monday, December 5, 2016

A Christmas Gala

My calling at church is the Stake Mid-Singles Committee, specifically over institute.As part of the committee I give my opinion on activities that other people are planning and provide support however that might look. This year we decided to forgo what has become the traditional Halloween party and do a Christmas dinner/dance instead. The activities committee did an excellent job planning and working out the details and I showed up Saturday morning to help set-up.
We made center pieces
Made some Christmas ornaments
Decorated Trees
Made signs
And basically ran around like crazy people getting everything ready.

I left around noon with a massive headache. Still not sure what triggered it. I went home, took some meds and went to bed. It was not a very restful nap and I woke up feeling only slightly better. I took some more meds and lounged around for a while, accomplishing very little on my Saturday to-do list and then started getting ready for the dance. 
I headed over early and helped get food plated and drinks out. I was in the kitchen for a good chunk of the night which was fine with me. The party was a huge success and there were so many people. Way out of my comfort zone, so I was happy to be hiding in the kitchen. I did manage to make it out to get a picture with my roommates before I headed home early because of the returning headache. It was such a fun Christmas party and I'm so glad it turned out so well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment