Monday, December 12, 2016

St. George

I got to check something off my bucket list this weekend. I've been working on going to all the temples in Utah since I received my endowment 10 years ago. St. George was the last one I needed and it just never worked out for me to go. Every time I was in St. George it was closed for cleaning. Every. Single. Time. So my friend Jon decided I needed to make a trip just to go to the temple. He has a time share that needed points to be spent so he booked me a room in St. George and I invited a couple friends and we headed down.
It was such a relaxing weekend. We stopped in Cedar City for dinner and then headed to the resort. We got lost, but after a quick phone call made it there with no trouble. We watched a Christmas movie and headed to bed. Saturday morning I went for a run and then Aubrey made us some delicious omelettes.

 We cleaned up and headed out to the temple. I found myself wondering what it used to look like since it was the first temple in the west and it looks fairly modern inside with its tile ceiling and wall paper. It was so fun to finish my temple goal the same weekend as the anniversary of receiving my endowment. Definitely much warmer weather than when I went the first time. :)
 After the temple we grabbed some lunch and went to visit Aubrey's friend Janae, got a few ingredients for dinner and headed back to the resort. Camilla opted for a nap while Aubrey and I went for a walk in the beautiful 61 degree weather.

After our walk I took a nap and then we watched a Christmas movie and decided to go check out the hot tub. We lasted about 30 minutes or so and then went back to our room and started on dinner. Who knew you could make fajitas from canned chicken, but they were delicious. We finished the night with more Christmas movies and then went to bed fairly early.
Sunday morning we got up and made breakfast, packed up our stuff, cleaned up the kitchen, checked out and headed to church with Janae. The Young Women provided the program for sacrament meeting and it was wonderful. We ducked out after sacrament and drove back so Aubrey could make it to Relief Society in her ward. I took a nap, read and watched another Christmas movie before heading to bed. Overall it was a fantastic weekend. Very relaxing and so fun! Thanks so much Jon. You really are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment