Monday, December 19, 2016

Weekend Surprises

Last Monday my friend Camilla text me saying she had won a trip on a private jet to San Diego at her work party and that she could bring three people and that I was one of them and that it was for Friday. I said yes! And told work I'd be taking a half day Friday. Now before you say "Wow, Cathy, you believed her?!" Let me tell you that she actually has won a trip on a private jet from her work before so it wasn't that farfetched.
Come Friday I get this snapchat from my sister

That's my sister and my best friend. I guessed a few things like Julie was helping Katie move or Katie was taking Julie to the doctor. She had me keep guessing and I guessed they were coming to Utah which would be unfortunate since I was flying to California that afternoon, but my sister called and told me she had good news, bad news and funny news, which all turned out to be the same news which was that there was no trip to California and it had just been a cover so I would take off work to hang out with them.
The roads were really bad so it took them a lot longer than they planned to get here and then I drove up to Salt Lake and the weather was crappy down here as well so it took me awhile to get there. They got a hotel so we hung out there for a minute
After hanging out for a minute we went and grabbed some lunch at a Hawaiian place. Trying to feel a little more like San Diego than Salt Lake and then we did a little shopping. We decided to forgo our naptime and check out IKEA since Julie and I had never been there.


We definitely got our exercise in for the day. It was too early for dinner and we weren't sure if we wanted to brave the cold to go to temple square so we headed back to the hotel. Once we got there we decided we didn't want to go back outside so we watched some Food Network and Christmas movies and then ordered a pizza. After dinner we headed to the hot tub.
And then back to the room for more Food Network. As we were starting to get drowsy we decided to play Heads Up. It was probably the best decision we made all weekend. We played for almost two hours and laughed and laughed.

We had such a great weekend and I'm so grateful for these wonderful ladies who love me so much. I cried when they left and wish I lived closer to both of them. Lucky for me my sister is moving here in a couple weeks, even if it's only for a couple months, I'm super excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment