Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Elections

This election has been a joke from the beginning. I have been saddened that as a society we couldn't come up with better candidates than the two main ones we had. How do you choose between two amoral, horrible people? In looking for the "lesser of two evils" I couldn't find one. People are free to disagree. It's your right to think that one is worse than the other. That's the other thing that saddened me about this election. The people who forgot or really who just didn't care about your right to your own opinion. People who were rude and mean and horrible. Now that the election is over and we have our President-elect, I'm still not sure how I feel. I knew the outcome would be crap either way it went. I wasn't prepared for the horribleness of people to continue. I blocked two posts this morning because of their language and blocked all posts from another person because I finally got fed up with his complete lack of respect for anyone. I won't unfriend or block someone for thinking differently than me, but I will block or unfriend someone for being completely disrespectful. Is this an ideal situation? No. Would it have been any better with the other outcome? I don't think so. It's a broken system and it's up to us to stop being broken people, a broken society, electing broken leaders.

I hope to be able to live in a way that shows that I believe in Jesus Christ. That I love people regardless of what they choose to believe. That I treat everyone with respect and decency and never turn to anger and hate. I pray for America and the world, that we can turn to love, hope and respect to solve our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment