Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tabby

This weekend has been great. The semi-annual Tabby Fest was this weekend. I don't know why it appeals to me so much. It's pretty much the same every time and sometimes I don't even do very much, but it's still SO fun.
My sister was going to come for the summer one, since she attended the winter one for my birthday but that didn't work out. Then I was taking my friend Barbara and her two roommates and then a random guy who was also going. Nice and cozy in my car that seats 5 with everyone's stuff for the weekend. It worked out that one of the girls had to be back earlier so they drove separate and I just took two of the girls back with me. The drive there was fun. I had the random guy Mark with me and we had a nice chat and enjoyed the scenery.
Upon arrival we headed out on the 4-wheelers. I don't mind riding them, but I don't really like to be the driver so I was passenger behind Mark. Good thing he's tall and could block the wind well. Leaving so late it was a bit cold up in the forest on the mountain. I felt bad that neither of us had jackets and that he was cold too. On the way back to the farm we saw a huge moose. It was awesome. It was a really dark brown with a decent size rack. It was so cool.
After 4-wheeling we of course had the camp fire and the traditional karaoke. I don't know what I stayed up doing, but finally made it to bed at 2 a.m. only to have my body wake up at 7:30. Stupid internal clock. After a lengthy debate with myself I got out of bed and went for a run. It was cold and the altitude was not so fun, but it was a nice run.
Saturday we went to the pond and fed the fish, rode the paddle boat, ate, I rode the horses for a little bit but they were freaking out so that didn't last long and then I just sat and watched people. I really just love to observe people and listen to their conversations. It's very interesting. It's not like I'm trying to eavesdrop, well maybe it is, but I just like to see how people interact with each other and get to know them a little bit just by watching.
We took a different route home and it was beautiful! The girls were sleeping in the back but Mark was awake and chatty in the front. Making sure to point out all the barns for me, since I mentioned I like them. It was a nice drive until we got to Heber and there was a ridiculous detour because of a parade. 20 minutes later and one emergency bathroom stop and we were on our way to Provo.
I dropped everyone off, stopped at my house for 2 minutes and then headed back out to go to a mission reunion. One of the elders from Spain is in Utah visiting so we got everyone together to see him. It was SOOOO fun. I love seeing people from the mission. Again, I love to just watch them interact with each other. After some people had left we all went out to eat. It was just so fun to be with them! They are such fun people and it's hilarious to be with them. I love the gospel and how it brings people together! I fell like every phase of my life has been molded by the gospel. My friends from childhood were found in Primary, and that followed up through high school, with my closest friends being in my same ward. College was a church school, mission, and now the friends I have are found in my single's wards. My family is a forever family because of the gospel and I just love the gospel!!! It's so great to have the knowledge that our relationships are not temporal and that it is possible for all of us to return to live with our Father in Heaven and have these same friendships. I just love it and I'm so grateful for all the people God has blessed me with in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment